There's an introductory fact that I should impart to you right away and it's that I LOVE MARIE LU. No kidding, I really do. She's part of the "Elyssa's Authors to camp out for" list. Having said that, we arrived at the venue at 8AM, if I'm not mistaken, and we walked from PowerBooks to National and vice versa just to kill time (and my feet as well). The registration for Marie Lu's signing was around 9 o'clock, so Celine and I, together with the other bloggers, waited outside PowerBooks for it to open. I, honestly, had sweaty hands while standing outside (TMI?) because, damn, I was so excited to meet Marie Lu. Like I said earlier, I'm a big fan and so is Celine. Thanks, National for making the dreams of hundreds of bookworms come true!
Speaking of bookworms, when we went to National to look for friends, we were shocked by the number of people already in line to meet the NYT Bestselling Author. The line of people reached the far entrance of the mall and it was amazeballs. There were different kinds of people from different walks of life and it was just amazing to see them all unite for one event. What's more amazing is that the first person in line arrived at 9:30AM the day before. Such dedication!
10 FACTS ABOUT MARIE LU AND HER BOOKS
1. She needs to draw the characters first in order for her to start writing.
2. Not really part of the forum, but she has a tattoo on her back. (Just thought it was cool so..)
3. If the world in Legend were true, she would live in New Antartica.
4. She finishes sequels to a book even before it is published. (In the Legend series)
5. Between Day and June, she thinks that June is the greater rebel.
6. She is a visual person, and she just writes what she sees in her head.
7. "I honestly don't know what happens to them after the epilogue of Champion."
8. She found it challenging to write in Adelina's POV.
9. She wants to make a picture book someday.
10. She had to stop writing and read the history of paperclips for an hour before she wrote a dialogue for June.
Photo from Ate Kate of The Bookaholic Blurbs
A glimpse of Marie Lu's tattoo (okay creepy)
Marie signing posters (photo from Ate Kai)






No comments:
Post a Comment