Friday, March 28, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (7.1)

Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga’s Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

It's been 2 months since I last posted a Stacking the Shelves, so I have quite a number of books to show, but since I'm too lazy to take pictures of all of them, I decided to split them into two. The first part which mostly consists of contemporary books, and the second part which is a mix of YA and NA books. I will post the second part next week... or maybe next next week. It depends on my productivity level. Anyway, here are some of the books I got during the past two months:

BOUGHT
I bought Just One DayJust One Year, If I Stay and Where She Went, all by Gayle Forman and had them signed during the author's book signing last January 18th, 2014. I've already read all of them except for Just One Year. Two words: Highly. Recommended.

My sister and I went to Booksale sometime in January, and I saw Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes. I read the synopsis and it really intrigued me, so I bought it. As for Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto and The Truth About Delilah Blue by Tish Cohen, I got them from a National Bookstore warehouse sale in Alabang Town Center. Special mention to Isabel(le) for recommending Before Ever After. 

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav from, so when I found out that she'll be having a book signing here in the Philippines, I went a head and bought myself a copy and had it signed.

I saw a signed copy of The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson, and well, I decided to buy it even though I knew nothing about it except that it's written by the author of Wintergirls, a book I've been dying to read.

WON
EEEEEEEP!! I still feels surreal that I won a giveaway. I rarely win giveaways. Emphasis on the word rarely. Anyway, I won a signed copy of Naked, All In and Eyes Wide Open, all by Raine Miller from The Hot Bed. Thank you so so so much to them! *hearts everywhere*

So that's all for this week! Watch out for the second part of this StS! 

What did you get this week? Leave a comment and I'll drop by! :)

8 comments:

  1. I have a signed copy of The Impossible Knife Of Memory too! I was super excited because I was actually really looking forward to the book. I've already read Wintergirls way back and thought it was a great read, if you like dark stuff. And hey, those books you got at Booksale look great! Looking forward to part two of your haul!

    PS: Your new header looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeep!! Thank you <3 <3 OMG OMG OMG Let me take a minute to fangirl because you just complimented our header.

      Okay, I'm fine now. I think.

      I'm really into dark stuff, so I'll definitely be looking forward to reading Wintergirls. As for the books I got at Booksale, well ;) I learned from the best (which is you). I rarely go to Booksale before, but you said sometime last year that you have like this day in a month wherein you go to Booksale. I also saw your book haul from Booksale, and I was like :O "Those are nice books". Ever since then, I've been visiting Booksale. :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, fantastic book haul!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster award :) You can check out and find the info on my post.
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Celine! What a great haul and the signed books....LUCKY GAL!!!
    I haven't heard of some of these books, so I'll be sure to check em out! Thanks for sharing! xoxo
    Michelle ~ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I have If I Stay, but I've yet to read it. The Impossible Knife of Memory has a lot of hype behind it, so maybe it'll be a good read. Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! I loved If I Stay and Where She Went. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. :)
    Liebster Award

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, look at those pretties! I want to get The Impossible Knife of Memory too and I'm so jealous of your autographed copy! Before Ever After is really good. A little too slow-paced for my taste but the romance and the history aspect of it was perfect. (You know how I love my history hehehe)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete